Wrongful Death

Wrongful Death

If you have lost someone close to you because of the negligence of another party, it is important to speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney that can advise you of your rights and provide legal guidance during this difficult time.

At Torres & Haroldson, PLLC, we understand the pain and trauma families go through after the loss of a loved one, and we work hard to make the legal process as smooth and stress-free as possible.

We have extensive experience with even the most complex wrongful death cases, and we put this experience to work to hold responsible parties fully accountable for their actions. We also handle all personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so you never have to pay upfront attorney fees to receive the skilled representation you deserve.

Who can bring a wrongful death claim?

Under Washington law, wrongful death claims must be brought by the personal representative of the estate of the decedent. If no personal representative was appointed, the court may appoint a close relative to carry out these duties.

What are the damages in a wrongful death claim?

To be successful in a wrongful death suit, it must be established that the negligent acts of the defendant are the primary cause of the death of your loved one. Once liability is proven, monetary damages may be awarded for things like the following:  medical bills, funeral costs, loss of future income, and loss of care, companionship, and affection.

When must you bring a wrongful death claim?

It is important to note that there is a limited time frame in which a wrongful death claim can be filed. In Washington, the statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of death.

At Torres & Haroldson, PLLC, we work closely with investigators, law enforcement and other professionals to build the strongest case possible on behalf of our clients. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.  Call now at 425-458-3170 or email us now at [email protected].

Contact Us Today

What Service are you looking for